Obedience. When is it right to obey and when is it not?
It is always better to obey God than man, but if you’ve made a sacred vow to another person, how do you know the difference? Fr. James Altman, STB, MBA, JD, MDiv., is a priest in the diocese of La Crosse, Wisconsin who went from the obscurity of pastor of a small-town Catholic parish to the relative fame (or notoriety, depending on which ideological side one is on) when his video “You Cannot Be Catholic and Democrat” went viral. ...
In this segment, Fr. Altman (who is also a lawyer) and Dr. Christine Bacon discuss the topic of obedience. When is it right to obey and when is it not? It is always better to obey God than man, but how do you know the difference? What about civil disobedience? The Nazis obeyed their leaders. Why did they not stand against them? What about the vow of obedience of a priest to his bishop? Listen in and be fed with a passionate but powerful conversation that’ll surely challenge your thinking.
- Website (speaking, services, more): https://www.drchristinebacon.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BreakfastWithBacon/
- Radio show: http://www.breakfastwithbacon.com
- Subscribe to her Rumble channel: https://rumble.com/c/DrChristineBacon
- “Like” this episode and subscribe to her YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/DrChristineBacon
- Order her life-changing “The Super Couple” book on Amazon https://amzn.to/2zKYSfu
- Sign up for her newsletter and never skip a beat: https://www.drchristinebacon.com/whats-news.html